Thursday, January 15, 2004

"ONWARD, DAUGHTER OF GOD!"

Congratulations to CBS' Joan of Arcadia for winning the People's Choice Award.

Much to my chagrin, I have only caught a few episodes of the show because I tend to spend most Fridays in airports lately. It is neat to see how beloved the show has become to hoards of Gen Y'ers, particularly. Everywhere I go, Christian teens and twenty-somethings want to talk about the show and tell me how much they love it. I am glad for Barbara Hall and the show's creative team. I think you must get special graces for making masses of people happy.

I was wondering, for those of you who watch the show regularly, does the central character feel like Joan of Arc to you, or does the similarity end with the name? Also, does the God feel like God to you, or does the similarity end with the name?

This Friday's episode, one of our Actors Co-op actors gets to be God. Ted Rooney, the skinny God in the white-lab coat in the episode promos, is a longstanding member of the Co-op, Hollywood's Christian theater company, and is a wonderfully talented actor. Kudos Ted!

No comments: