Monday, September 06, 2004

EMILY MONDAY

607


Of nearness to her sundered Things
The Soul has special times --
When Dimness -- looks the Oddity --
Distinctness -- easy -- seems --

The Shapes we buried, dwell about,
Familiar, in the Rooms --
Untarnished by the Sepulchre,
The Mouldering Playmate comes --

In just the Jacket that he wore --
Long buttoned in the Mold
Since we -- old mornings, Children -- played --
Divided -- by a world --

The Grave yields back her Robberies --
The Years, our pilfered Things --
Bright Knots of Apparitions
Salute us, with their wings --

As we -- it were -- that perished --
Themself -- had just remained till we rejoin them --
And 'twas they, and not ourself
That mourned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey ##NAME##, I was out searching the net today for information on ##LINK## and found this site. Even if ##TITLE## was not what I was searching for, the site got my attention. I can see why I founf this site, when I was looking for related information. Keep up the good work and thanks.