Wednesday, November 03, 2004

SEE BARB IN AUSTIN, TX

I will be giving a talk in Austin, TX on Friday, November 5th. It will be my "Gospel Spirituality for Artists" talk (which, if I keep giving as talks, I will presumably never need to write into a book...there won't be anyone left to buy the book if I keep at it like this anyway...) and will be open to the public.

If you live in the Austin area, or know a Christian artist who does, please join us.

The talk will be at 7pm at:

Hope Chapel
6701 Arroyo Seco
Austin, TX 78757

To RSVP, or for more info, contact: David Taylor, 377-3900, david@dosgringos.us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is the Dallas appearance this weekend not happening? If it is, when and where? I'd like to attend.
-Bill

Lawrence Klimecki, deacon said...

Please write the book, it is very much needed. Artists struggling to reconcile their role in the world in context with their faith have a very difficult time. More is being written to help guide us through these areas but I think what is still needed is a place to start after you've been fired up by JPII's "Letter to Artists." There are some bright spots such as yourself and Michael Obrien but more is needed. The Diocese of Austin is doing great with its Arts Council, connecting artists and architects with parishes and parishoners, it serves as an example to the rest of us.

Lawrence Klimecki
http://www.gryphonrampant.com

Lawrence Klimecki, deacon said...

Hello Jarin;
Unfortunately no I'm not in Austin, I'm up here in Sacramento. The contact I have for the Austin Arts Council is:
Mark Landers: mark@landersstudio.com

Lawrence Klimecki
http://www.gryphonrampant.com