Thursday, February 10, 2005

YOU SAY YOU WANT A RE-VO-O-LU-SHUN-UUN-UN? WEH-ELL, YOU KNO-O-O-W...

I’m shocked! Shocked to read the latest statistics compiled by the Culture of Life Foundation about the devastating physical toll taken on the troops of the Sexual Revolution. Is it possible General Paul VI, overthrown in a sneering coup in the first wave of the uprising, could have been right after all in his admonition advocating the radical practice of “periodic continence.”

Read it and weep, O revolutionaries.

”…we must accept that there are certain limits, beyond which it is wrong to go, to the power of man over his own body and its natural functions—limits, let it be said, which no one, whether as a private individual or as a public authority, can lawfully exceed. These limits are expressly imposed because of the reverence due to the whole human organism and its natural functions.” (Paul VI, Of Human Life)

Here’s a snip of the Culture of Life report…

The high toll of the sexual revolution on the lives of Americans was made apparent in a recently published study showing 1.3 percent of all American deaths to be caused by sexual behavior. The study, from the current edition of the medical journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, examined data from 1998 to determine the overall health burden caused by sexual activity in the US and found that women "bear a disproportionately high proportion" of the cost that comes with sexual liberation.

The study, authored by three researchers from the Centers for Disease Control, examined "adverse health outcomes" that result from sexual activity including both sexually transmitted diseases, viruses and infections, infertility and abortions. More men then women died in 1998 as a result of sexual behavior - 19,634 men compared to 10,148 women. But almost all of the deaths in men were caused by HIV. "If HIV related mortality were excluded, more than 80% of sexual behaviour related mortality would be among . . . women." The study found that 5,914 women died of non-HIV related sexual behavior; for men the number was number 1,413.

While HIV killed 4,234 women, it was cervical cancer that was leading cause of death for women claiming 4,921 lives. Cervical cancer is caused primarily by the human papillomavirus (HPV), the most common sexually transmitted disease. That it causes more deaths than HIV is notable due to the politically charged nature of HPV. Because condoms do not protect against HPV, a fact acknowledged by the American Cancer Society, pro-family organizations have pointed to it as proof that sexual health can be insured only by abstinence until a monogamous marriage. Planned Parenthood Federation of America has in the past accused such organizations of engaging in "an alarmist and misleading public policy and media campaign."

Beyond death the report also examines the overall health effects of sexual behavior. It found that in the course of one year, 7.5 percent of Americans suffered from almost 20 million incidences of negative health effects brought on by sexual behavior. Of such cases women suffered a disproportionate 62 percent including 2.5 million cases of gonorrhea and 2.6 million cases of trichomoniasis.


Thanks to (my new obsession) Dawn Patrol for the heads-up.

30 comments:

Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my new jersey mental health services
site. It pretty much covers new jersey mental health services
related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

amacdrummer said...

If you need canadian cancer society info... Go to this canadian cancer society site : canadian cancer society

Anonymous said...

I found a bunch of help here mesothelioma asbestos lung cancer

banana2222 said...

HI !

Just stoping by, You can allso visit my site about Link Popularity Building software, you can vist it at Link Popularity.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a prostate cancer treatment site. It pretty much covers prostate cancer treatment related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

Anonymous said...

Hey! Stop by prostate health

Mesothelioma Cancer Attorney said...

Es gibt vermutlich wenige Aufstellungsorte, die dieser bessere tun, als dieser.Adieu, Sang asbestos litigation

Health Beauty said...

Hi,
I was searching through Blogger to see if I can find some information on Cardiology News. I stumbled on your blog, as this was not quite what I was looking for about Cardiology News. I did however read your blog and found it quite interesting, keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit it again.
Regards,

Randy Thomas said...

Hey, how's it going? I just came across your blog and I've gone through a lot of what you've written in the past. I can see what you are saying and can relate to bit of it. Its actually weird that I ended up at your blog, cause I was actually doing an assignment, looking for information on New Lung Cancer Treatment. Even though your posts didn't exactly correspond to what I'm trying to find, it was still a good distraction. I guess it always is when you've got to do a damn assignment. Thanks anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I was searching for blogs about associations and found yours. Reason I was searching for associations is I have one and I'm looking for ways people run theirs.

sign of breast cancer said...

Hi,
I was searching through Blogger to see if I can find some information on sign of breast cancer. I stumbled on your blog, as this was not quite what I was looking for about sign of breast cancer. I did however read your blog and found it quite interesting, keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit it again.
Regards,

cause of breast cancer said...

Hi,
I came past your site while I was searching through Blogger, it is not really the information I was after about cause of breast cancer but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done, I do like what you have done with your site. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on cause of breast cancer that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,

type of breast cancer said...

Hi,
I came past your site while I was searching through Blogger, it is not really the information I was after about type of breast cancer but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done, I do like what you have done with your site. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on type of breast cancer that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,

breast cancer symptom said...

Hi,
While I was searching through Blogger I came past your site, it is not really the information I was after about breast cancer symptom but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on breast cancer symptom that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,Regards,

irritable bowel said...

Quality sites like your's are few and far between, especially with all the rubbish that is getting around at the moment. I found your site while searching for irritable bowel. Congratulations on a top site.

Regards
irritable bowel

Body Building Site said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Body Building site/blog. It pretty much covers Body Building* related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Easy Way to Quit Smoking said...

Hello there blogger, I've been reading through quite a few blogs on your subject and not many are as good as yours. You should be proud of your good work. Well done and keep it up.

Regards
Mesothelioma Stages Info

Prostate said...

Your blog is very informative. Dont't stop. I was searching for prostate health and came across yours. I'll bookmark you. Might check my site out if you are interested in prostate health stuff. You can find it here: prostate health

Larry said...

Here we are in the 21st Century and more and more alien shows keep coming out on television. Perhaps one day the government will finally call it quits and tell us mere mortals that they have captured alien life and doing experiments with them as the aliens supposedly do experiments on us human beings. I mean, at least it would give me the feeling of tables being turned on the aliens. Maybe we can teach those foreign creations about something like personality types that attract women and show them a thing or two.
personality types that attract women

Anonymous said...

I like this blog you created

http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/

urology prostate cancer metastasis to

Anonymous said...

Excellent webpage!

prostate cancer terminal desease
http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/
prostate cancer terminal desease

Anonymous said...

Coolio site dudes.
I be lovin it B.
Cool man

medical search engines prostate cancer
http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/
medical search engines prostate cancer

superlong said...

Cool site on prostate health Check out my Penis Enlargement

Anonymous said...

Comment

Anonymous said...

http://www.mesothelioma-treatment.co.uk
asbestos disease

Anonymous said...

http://www.mesothelioma-treatment.co.uk
malignant mesothelioma

Anonymous said...

Great stuff you have here! I have a lucid dream site I think you might enjoy.

Anonymous said...

HI, I was reading you blog. I just made a website, please let me know what you think about. It has to do withsecond hand smoke chemicals and is located at http://stopsmoking.e-moma.org andsecond hand smoke chemicals. By the way, nice blog!

earnest said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on fourteen simple things on breast cancer, breast cancer life expectancy and insidiousness of breast cancer: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com