Tuesday, April 12, 2005

DISNEY: WHERE IT'S ALWAYS CHRISTMAS AND NEVER WINTER?

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Here's a link to an article that was in the Washington Post recently about whether the fact that Disney is now peddling the Narnia film would mean an end to the Christian/Baptist boycott of Disney. When journalist, Mark Pinsky (one of the best religion journalists in the country, btw), called and asked me that question, I think I answered with a glib, "There's a boycott?"

Here's a snip from the piece with me in it... (Am I Act One's Nicolosi? I guess that's better than Nicolosi's Act One, which would be, you know, a lie....but I suddenly feel like I should have our logo stamped on my forehead.)

In 2001, HarperCollins, the U.S. publishers of the "Narnia" books, issued an internal memo -- revealed by the New York Times -- in which executives urged colleagues to downplay the books' religious dimensions in order to market them to a mainstream audience.

Any efforts to deemphasize the religious aspects of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" film are bound to backfire with Christians, according to Act One's Nicolosi.

"Disney and [co-producer] Walden Media are aware that there's a proprietary sense about 'The Chronicles of Narnia,' " she said. "C.S. Lewis is our guy. They better not take that away from us."

15 comments:

Editor Choice said...

Excellent and original blog. I will comeback.
I wanted just to mention an interesting site regarding: Religions, with more than 500 pages, Religion News and Articles Religion Universe: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Taoism (Daoism) and many others

Anonymous said...

Hey, I enjoyed the blog/site **christmas** related topic on your blog/site

Anonymous said...

Hi, enjoyed your blog/site related to **Christmas** I'm going to add your

Anonymous said...

blog/site to my favorites. I also have a blog/site you're invited to visit

Anonymous said...

I am about to show you a way that you can generate thousands of keyword targeted links back to your web site starting today!

Anonymous said...

with no damage to your business’ budget whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

Hi there ##NAME##, I am out searching for the latest information on ##LINK## and found this site. Although ##TITLE## wasn't what I was looking for, it certainly sparked my attention. I can see how, I came across this site when I was looking for related information. I am glad I stopped by today.

Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

Anonymous said...

Seeking afiliates for "How I Made $77 Million In 2-Years--And You Can Too!" Generous commission.

Anonymous said...

Live Your Life With A Little Daily Motivation.. Do we seek goal achievement Daily,weekly or yearly. I have been interested in working and goal achievement for years now. I am driven to success by the master teachers from the past. I really enjoy people like Wayne Dyer, Greg Vanden Berge and Tony Robbins. Im writing to this blog for selfish reasons, I want to see everyone live the life of their dreams. I am Living my life to the fullest and it is due to a book writen by Greg Vanden Berge . Master Goal Achiever and Author of Start Living Your Dreams Today.. A Great Book from the masters.. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did..

Anonymous said...

One of a kind! Thanks.
Came across your blog by chance while searching for traffic offer.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
traffic offer

Anonymous said...

It looks like you spent some time on this blog. Keep up the good work! When you get the chance, visit my site and join for free! Go to free affiliate programs.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was searching through Blogger to see if I can find some information on hyip opportunity. I stumbled on your blog, as this was not quite what I was looking for about hyip opportunity. I did however read your blog and found it quite interesting, keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit it again.
Regards,

Anonymous said...

Hi,
While I was searching through Blogger I came past your site, it is not really the information I was after about best hyip but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on best hyip that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,Regards,

Anonymous said...

a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!