Saturday, June 11, 2005

WHY DO ALL THE COOL THINGS HAPPEN IN JULY...

...when I can not attend because of Act One? Here's one such very cool going-on that I have been tracking for a few years now, but which I can never attend because of our summer program.

Oxbridge is a consortium held annually at Oxford for Christian thinkers, writers and artists. All of the presentations are "in the spirit of C.S. Lewis" if not directly about Lewis or his works.

This year's event [sigh] is on beauty and truth in culture. My friend and mentor Frederica Matthews-Greene is speaking, as is another acquaintance, Nigel Goodwin, and a slew of other smart people from all over everywhere. Here's more info from their web-site:

Making All Things New: The Good, the True, and the Beautiful in the 21st Century
C.S. Lewis Summer Institute, July 24 – August 6, 2005


In the spirit of Lewis, Oxbridge 2005 will explore the possibilities of “making all things new” by examining both the meaning and contemporary relevance of the Good, the True, and the Beautiful across the wide spectrum of human experience. Complementing the insights offered by gifted speakers from the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences, this most significant theme will be further engaged through enriching encounters with music, dance, theatre, and worship.

In The Abolition of Man, C.S. Lewis warned that our culture was in imminent danger of abandoning the essential foundation of its core values, without which it could not long endure. The social and intellectual trends that followed his prophetic warning offer ample cause for the deepest foreboding. And yet Lewis was far from a pessimist with regards to the future.

Stan MattsonCome join us for a truly memorable, once-in-a-lifetime experience! You’ll enjoy stimulating lectures, challenging workshops, meaningful worship services and a rich variety of cultural programs, all in the good company of friends and colleagues – old and new.

See you in England!


I can't go, but some of you definitely should. (I just got an email from the organizers saying that they have grant money for scholarships. Don't think. Check it out.)

35 comments:

narniafan123 said...

Just found some interesting stuff on the upcoming Chronicles of Narnia film. c.s. lewis

Jack Naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a beauty spa site/blog. It pretty much covers beauty spa related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a work at home make money related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is work at home make money

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Check out mine if you can. Thanks. american honda finance corporation

WDM Info Services said...

I like your blog, I found it looking for free blog template. Could you add it to my favourite blog directory please. It has lots of blogs relating to free blog template

Anonymous said...

What If This Could All Happen Automatically,
with a simple push of a button.....

Anonymous said...

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to visit regularly. Keep blogging!

I have a website on Website Traffic which you might be interested in. Please check it out if you get some time :)

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Cool blog! I've bookmarked it and will make sure to visit regularly.

By the way, I've just completed a resource on how to make amazing cash online, if you wanna check it out for free, check this: Affiliate Money Machine

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I love your blog! Awesome! By the way, if you're ever looking for Business Mailing Lists, be sure to check out my site!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Your blog is awesome! I always look forward to your inspiring posts. By the way, did you know that recently the 7 dirty secrets eBay doesn't want you to know, was leaked? Check it out! eBay Secrets

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog; keep the posts coming! P.S. Check my site out if you get some time; it's at Cat Health Information

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Your blog is absolutely awesome! I love it! By the way, if you get some time, please check my site out; Karate and Martial Arts Tournaments

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Keep your awesome blog posts coming. If you get some time, please check out my Free Recipes and Free Cookbooks.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Lovely blog! Oh, by the way, if you ever get some time, please check out my absolutely awesome site at:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) Awesome blog! Oh, by the way, if you get some time, please check my site out at

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very interesting and inspiring! You might like this; check it out:

Puppy Treats said...

Wow! Very interesting and inspiring! You might like this; check it out: Puppy Treats

mlm lead said...

Hello there...

Awesome stuff; but do you know about mlm lead?

free content distribution said...

Hey, what's up? Have you checked out my sites? They are: Content and Article Submission Human Resources Careers and Certification Military Aircraft and Careers and finally MP3 Players. I'd love your feedback!

keith matthew said...

Ya, that is so cool! But I bet you don't know about keith matthew!

Accessories said...

Information and best buys on products and services of all kinds. Accessories

seo said...

Hi there :)

I just came accross a new seo tool, SEO Elite and I thought that you might want to check it out. It's awesome and has worked very well for me.

seo said...

Hey! Some really good tips on SEO and Keyword Research on this blog. I just reviewed the best keyword research tools on the net and I though you might like to read my reviews; you can check them out at keyword research tools reviewed.

Anonymous said...

Lets get Blogging Everyone!!

You are welcome to come visit my site earn money mystery shopping

cool said...

Hi there :) You have a cool website.. Come check out my awesome website at http://www.asian-master.piczo.com/ and drop me a line. I would love to know what you think of my site, it's my first one :)

quality products said...

Thx for the info.

Steve @
http://www.lifeincome.org

make money online free! said...

Internet Marketing is about to change. Only a few people will know everything about it. Will you be one of them? Dominate any search engine

blogsurfer said...

Hi, I see your blog is talking about Hondas. Are you looking for anything related to Hondas? Honda cars, SUVs, or Honda parts & accessories? And the best part, every item can be had at auction prices! Just wanted to pass this tidbit of info along. Thanks.

blogsurfer said...

Hi, I see your blog is talking about Hondas. Are you looking for anything related to Hondas? Honda cars, SUVs, or Honda parts & accessories? And the best part, every item can be had at auction prices! Just wanted to pass this tidbit of info along. Thanks.

arppeggio said...

We actors don't get a lot of fi chlor pool chemical till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our fi chlor pool chemical regardless. fi chlor pool chemical
Isobella
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog about cardiff hot tubs, keep up the good work cardiff hot tubs

hoorhuslu said...

Interesting blog about spa, keep up the good work spa

aidin said...

Interesting blog about spas, keep up the good work spas