Monday, August 29, 2005

The World on Act One

Here is yet another two-piece article on Act One, and specifically the book we have coming out. This one is from the Christian magazine World. Some new quotes in there from the usual collection of Christian Hollywood suspects: Karen Covell, Ralph Winter, Scott Derrickson, Leo Partible, etc.

Here's the snip in the first part with me in it...

But why would a Christian want to work in the film industry? The people WORLD talked to and the contributors to Behind the Screen exhibit particular talents that they see as gifts of God. They see their work as a Christian vocation.

That Christians are needed in Hollywood should be self-evident. The media world is at the heart of contemporary culture, shaping the imagination and the moral sensibilities not only of America but the whole world.

But in Hollywood overnight success is the exception, not the rule. Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ set box-office records yet came about, as Ms. Nicolosi points out, after 30 years of experience in the movie industry for Mr. Gibson, a decade after winning an Oscar for Braveheart, 15 years after his conversion, and after 10 years of creative struggle. "There will be no other Passions," she said, "without other Mel Gibsons to bring them along."

This is why Act One is dedicated to helping Christians first master the craft. Ms. Nicolosi calls for more "happy, well-catechized believers in the entertainment industry." But she emphasized that "Christians in entertainment don't have to be always talking about God. They should be talking about everything in a godly way."


The second half of the article can be found here.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of cook book.

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Tell your Secret

Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about get rich quick scheme You should check it out sometime.

Pat Martin said...

Nice Blog.. Check out my spencers gifts website featuring ideas for all holidays and special occasions.

Anonymous said...

Yo, This blog is pretty neat. You should check out mine sometime. It pretty much covers work at home home business idea to make money online related stuff.

Readytowrite said...

Screenwriters/Novelists/Filmmakers

Hollywood Spec Agency, a company that helps screenwriters and filmmakers promote their writing projects. The company produces specially designed Interactive 'Pitch' CDs. The CDs help writers showcase their screenplay/manuscript, and 'Pitch' their story. The CDs can also be used as a networking tool to help obtain film funding. You can request a free CD demo to review through the website.

http://www.hollywoodspec.com

OPFM Admin said...

I know that you are probably very busy. When you get the chance, could you please critique my site for me at make money online.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the the detail and info on this site. Good read!

I have a site that you are welcome to come and see at http://www.surveyearn.biz/PaidSurveys/Work_at_home.html it is about home Based Business

Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my residual income affiliate site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and residual income affiliate related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

residual income said...

You gave me an interesting idea. Thx.

Steve @
http://www.lifeincome.org

Scott A. Edwards said...

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: net money and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.

Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Dear friends, here is a really cool site that gives you a lot of FREE information that you can really use. Get FREE Daily and Weekly Foreign Exchange Outlook, Rates, Trends and Currency Shifts. Click here: FOREX