Saturday, May 13, 2006

More Fun With the Mailbag

I am working like a crazy person on this script rewrite lately. If I had the money, I'd pay a psychoanalyst to tell me the longterm psychological harm that might come from spending two weeks lurching between a romantic comedy about Italians in West Virginia and the Catholic Church's plot to turn a real honest to God goddess into a cup.

Somebody sent me a funny parody of DVC today in which there is a murder in the Louvre, and carved on the wall are the words, "The Roman Catholic Church is a murderer." And then, all these symbologists come in and try to break the code in that message. LOL!

I've been getting a ton of emails because of the EWTN show. Most of it has been wonderful and full of supportive sentiments from faith-filled folks everywhere who are at their wits end with this culture. Thanks to all of you who wrote (and made it to this blog).

Opening myself to the charge of printing flattery to myself on my own blog - God knows, somebody has to do it! .....JUST KIDDING! - I have to reprint the first part of my favorite message so far....

Dear Barbara:

After seeing you with Raymond Arroyo discussing Dan Brown, I wanted you to know how much you impressed me with your wit and sharp mind.

If I were not age 70 and married, I would fly across the country to court you (assuming you'd be still available). You were marvelous!


This is so much nicer than most of the messages I received after the Christianity Today piece appeared. The mail from that was filled with messages like, "Dear Ms. Assh*le, you are dumb and don't care about evangelism (1 Tm 2:4). You make me so mad because you are so dumb. (Rom 12:7) Who do you think you are because you are dumb. (Lev 27:All of it!) In Christ, Somebody Who is Not As Dumb As You.

Okay, back to WV....

No comments: