Thursday, January 24, 2008

Book Meme

I have been tagged for a Meme by Kathleen.

It's an easy one, so I'm going to play along.


Book Meme Rules

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


Okay, here goes....

1) I am working on a play about my favorite and only poet this morning, so the book sitting five inches from my hand is The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson, edited by Thomas H. Johnson

2) Page 123 includes poems #269-#271, all of which were presumed to be written in 1861, while the Civil War was going on.

3) The Fifth sentence on the page happens to be the first line of poem #270.

4)
#270
One Life of so much Consequence!
Yet I- for it - would pay -
My Soul's entire income -
In ceaseless - salary -

One Pearl - to me - so signal -
That I would instant dive -
Although - I knew - to take it -
Would cost me - just a life!


5) I tag Karen, Clayton, Sean G., Alice, and anyone else who wants to play.

No comments: