Monday, April 13, 2009

Off the Market

Sorry, I have been such a bad blogger friends. As Emily Dickinson wrote, "Real life has intervened." There is some news to report, however, particularly for all those friends and family members out there who stop by here.

I got engaged yesterday, Easter Sunday, at the Santa Maria Inn, in Santa Maria, CA to Norris Archer Harrington. My whole life has been the Blessed Mother and St. Paul, so it was perfect to say, "Yes!" in that place. Norris is a Texan, was a career Navy deep sea diver, is a graduate of Thomas Aquinas College in Santa Paula, CA,.....and is an Act One alumnus.

(So, I guess it turns out that the whole REAL reason I started Act One was just to find a husband? Ha! But really, God is so weirdly faithful....)

We are hoping to get married in Rome in June (the month of St. Paul) - during this wonderful Pauline year. And I just wrote and asked a priest named Paul to witness our vows.

Stay posted. Often God corrects my plans.

But please do send up a prayer for us. We are very happy. But I think poor Norris has no idea what he is getting himself into!

One of my friends said, "So, now you have a date for the apocalypse." Yeah, it's hard not to think of Jesus saying, "But in the end times it will be as in the days of Noah, when they were eating and drinking and marrying and giving in marriage right up until the rain started to fall." So this is my part in filling out Biblical prophecy for the last days?

Cool!

No comments: